Moot Court training is an important part of any law institution. This training equips a law student to cope successfully with the strains of profession in the courts of law. The training imparts several essential skills such as Research, data analysis, framing of the issues and contentions, examining and cross-examining and presenting the arguments. The training enables the student to learn the science of drafting of conveyances, pleadings and memorials. University of Mysore has introduced Moot Court Training as a Practical subject for the final year students of the new Integrated Semester course. Besides giving this training, a supporting system of Mooting also becomes “necessary to recognize and motivate talents of Advocacy. Henceforth, a Moot Club has constituted in the year 1999. This club has a membership of all the interested students of the college. At the beginning of the academic year they “form a team of office bearers to facilitate the smooth conduction of Moot Court activities.
- To hold interclass moot competitions.
- To conduct inter college moot competitions.
- To select and train teams to represent the college at various States, National and International level moot competitions.
- To train the student to prepare memorials for the competition by extensive research.
- To install a spirit of teamwork and organizational leadership abilities.
- To motivate the student to do collective research and material analysis.
- To train the students in conducting and participating Moot Court and Mock Court trials
- To impart the techniques of Client Counseling.
- To impart the Court etiquette and ethical aspects in the practice of law.
- To train the students for Moot Court Competition on various aspects of Law.
- To encourage the students in participating in Moot Quiz/ Inter Class Moot Competition.
- Involving the students in Moot problems drafting competitions, preparation of the Memorials for the Moot Court and guidance to follow the steps/ procedures adopted in civil & criminal cases.